Monday, January 30, 2017
Whetstone Library, 7:00pm
2017 Registration Now Open!!!
Camp Wyandot now offers both Day and Overnight Camp programs at our historical facility in the Hocking Hills! Day Camp is open to all youth entering grades 1-6 and Overnight Camp is open to all youth entering grades 2-12. Membership in Camp Wyandot or participation in Camp Wyandot clubs is not a requirement to attend summer camp. We welcome campers who are members of Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4H and other scouting organizations, as well as children who are not affiliated with any scouting program.
CAMP WYANDOT IN THE NEWS!!!
Check out this article featured in The Columbus Dispatch!
As of April 30, 2013, Camp Wyandot (formerly known as Camp Fire USA Central Ohio Council, Inc.) became an independent non-profit organization and is no longer affiliated with Camp Fire.
Camp Wyandot provides an inclusive nurturing environment for youth to have fun, make friends, serve others, and explore the great outdoors.
To provide a quality youth development experience that builds competencies and creates positive life-long memories in a safe and supportive environment.
Youth Development Outcomes
In an inclusive, engaging, and challenging environment, youth will:
- Increase their social and cultural competencies and feel a sense of belonging
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and cooperation skills
- Increase self-confidence, independence and empowerment
- Plan, make choices, reflect and learn from their decisions
- Build a life-long appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment
- Develop a sense of respect, responsibility and contribution to their community
- Be involved in rich group experiences that are inherently interesting and fun
- Be recognized for their accomplishments