Camp Wyandot Day Camp
Camp Wyandot, Inc. has two day camps. Wyandot Day Camp is located in the Hocking Hills and Otonwe Day Camp is northeast of Westerville. Wyandot Day Camp offers six five-day camp sessions for youth going into the 1st to the 6th grade in the fall. There is no day camp the week of the fourth of July.
The Wyandot Day Camp program is from 8 AM to 5 PM. Campers receive breakfast and lunch each day. Camp activities are full of fun and adventure and include most of the day time activities the overnight campers get to do. Activities include everything from crafts, nature, swimming, hiking and outdoor skills to team games, boating, fishing and archery. Campers make new friends and take home great memories!
In addition to these general camp activities, there is an optional overnight each session. The extra fee for the overnight is $10 and includes a cookout dinner. Special trained college-age counselors are assigned to the day camp program.
Why We Do It
In such an inclusive, engaging, and challenging environment, youth will:
- Increase their social and cultural competencies and feel a sense of belonging
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and cooperation skills
- Increase self-confidence, independence and empowerment
- Plan, make choices, reflect and learn from their decisions
- Build a life-long appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment
- Develop a sense of respect, responsibility and contribution to their community
- Be involved in rich group experiences that are inherently interesting and fun
- Be recognized for their accomplishments