[Oh – Tawn – Way]
Camp Wyandot, Inc operates Otonwe Day Camp, northeast of Westerville near Galena at the John Beltz Retreat Center on Harlem Road. (map and pictures below) The site has a large barn for programs and rainy days and is on a beautiful wooded site with a small creek to play in. Camp Otonwe offers seven sessions for youth going into the 1st to 5th grade in the fall. The fourth of July session is a day shorter and is for youth from Kindergarten to the 5th grade in the fall.
The Otonwe program day is from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Parents may also register for an extended day from 8:30 to 5. Campers bring a sack lunch each day unless they are notified that lunch will be a cookout. Camp activities are full of fun. Campers make new friends and take home great memories.
The bars at the right (bottom on mobile) have more information about camp, the session dates and rates and the registration process.
Otonwe is located at the John Beltz Retreat Center on the east side of Hoover Reservoir in Galena. The site has a large barn with picnic tables for indoor programming. The camp is on a small but beautiful creek to wade in and explore nature. Picnic tabled sites in the large wooded area give each group their “home in the woods” and ample room for hiking.
Galena, Ohio 43021
Why We Do It?
All of Camp Wyandot’s camps and programs address the organization’s mission and an overall goal to provide a quality experience that builds competencies and creates positive life-long memories in a safe and supportive environment.
In such an inclusive, engaging, and challenging environment, youth will:
- Increase their social and cultural competencies and feel a sense of belonging
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and cooperation skills
- Increase self-confidence, independence and empowerment
- Plan, make choices, reflect and learn from their decisions
- Build a life-long appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment
- Develop a sense of respect, responsibility and contribution to their community
- Be involved in rich group experiences that are inherently interesting and fun
- Be recognized for their accomplishments