Why We Do What We Do
Young people are interdependent with the natural world, yet know relatively little about it through direct experience. Through Camp Wyandot’s Overnight & Day camps, we encourage development of natural senses and provide an intimate connection with nature to enable youth to learn leadership, cooperation with others, and community responsibility while building self-awareness and forming friendships.
Camp Wyandot’s overall goal is to provide a quality experience that builds competencies and resulting confidence, creating positive life-long memories in a safe and supportive environment.
In an inclusive, engaging, and challenging environment, youth will:
- Increase their social and cultural competencies and feel a sense of belonging
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and cooperation skills
- Increase self-confidence, independence and empowerment
- Plan, make choices, reflect and learn from their decisions
- Build a life-long appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment
- Develop a sense of respect, responsibility and contribution to their community
- Be involved in rich group experiences that are inherently interesting and fun
- Be recognized for their accomplishments
How you can help
Camp Wyandot, Inc. is funded through program fees, grants and donations. Your support is needed to help us move forward in our efforts to provide more children and families with our services and to maintain our property. We must continue to grow our funding base. In addition, we rely on volunteers at times, who may perform various tasks that are central to our success.