The Wyandot Explorer program is currently not operating. Below, is information about the program when it was currently running.
The Wyandot Explorer program consists of a variety of monthly activities offered throughout the school year to families of all ages. The purpose of these activities is to provide a quality youth development experience that builds competencies and creates positive life-long memories in a safe and supportive environment.
Youth Development is a process that prepares young people to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood through a coordinated progressive series of activities that help them to become socially, ethically, emotionally, physically, and cognitively competent.
In an inclusive, engaging and challenging environment youth will:
- Increase their social and cultural competencies and feel a sense of belonging
- Develop leadership, teamwork and cooperation skills
- Increase self-confidence, independence and empowerment with an awareness that we live in an interdependent world
- Plan, make choices, reflect and learn from their decisions
- Build a life-long appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment
- Develop a sense of respect, responsibility and contribution to their community
- Be involved in rich group experiences that are inherently interesting and fun
- Be recognized for their accomplishments
*Based on the key elements of positive youth development research
For updates and information please fill out the following form to be added to our Wyandot Explorers email list: