Why We Do What We Do
Young people are interdependent with the natural world, yet know relatively little about it through direct experience. Through Camp Wyandot’s Overnight & Day camps, we encourage development of natural senses and provide an intimate connection with nature to enable youth to learn leadership, cooperation with others, and community responsibility while building self-awareness and forming friendships.
Camp Wyandot’s overall goal is to provide a quality experience that builds competencies and resulting confidence, creating positive life-long memories in a safe and supportive environment.
In an inclusive, engaging, and challenging environment, youth will:
- Increase their social and cultural competencies and feel a sense of belonging
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and cooperation skills
- Increase self-confidence, independence and empowerment
- Plan, make choices, reflect and learn from their decisions
- Build a life-long appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment
- Develop a sense of respect, responsibility and contribution to their community
- Be involved in rich group experiences that are inherently interesting and fun
- Be recognized for their accomplishments