Why We Do It
Young people are interdependent with the natural world, yet know relatively little about it through direct experience. Through Camp Wyandot’s Overnight & Day camps and our Wyandot Explorer program, we encourage development of natural senses and provide an intimate connection with nature while youth learn leadership, cooperation with others, and community responsibility while building self-awareness and forming friendships.
Camp Wyandot’s overall goal is to provide a quality experience that builds competencies and creates positive life-long memories in a safe and supportive environment.
In an inclusive, engaging, and challenging environment, youth will:
- Increase their social and cultural competencies and feel a sense of belonging
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and cooperation skills
- Increase self-confidence, independence and empowerment
- Plan, make choices, reflect and learn from their decisions
- Build a life-long appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment
- Develop a sense of respect, responsibility and contribution to their community
- Be involved in rich group experiences that are inherently interesting and fun
- Be recognized for their accomplishments
Visit our Summer Camp section for more information.