Special Estate Planning Alumni EventDecember 22, 2020
“Luncheon” 2020 ResultsDecember 24, 2020
As part of our strategic plan, we are working hard at succession planning and are looking forward to having a new Camp Director learn the ropes at Camp Wyandot under the supervision of our legendary Executive Director, Connie Coutellier. Connie will remain Executive Director and will oversee the new Camp Director.
The seasonal position has been posted professionally on job boards and is open to all qualified applicants to apply for consideration. We know our alumni network can be a great source of excellent candidates with a heart for Camp Wyandot. Please pass along this announcement to candidates you may know.
Here is the full posting, and you can send the following link at Indeed.com. Application logistics are available at the link.
Job Title: Seasonal Overnight Camp Director, Camp Wyandot
Job Location: Rockbridge, Ohio in the Hocking Hills approximately one hour southeast of Columbus.
Job Summary: Camp Wyandot is nestled in the Hocking Hills and on the banks of Lake Atagahi. We are looking for an enthusiastic seasonal Camp Director to manage Camp Wyandot and to promote adventure, friendship, and outdoor fun. In this role, your duties will include the daily operations of the summer resident camp including camper and staff supervision, designing suitable recreational activities, ordering camp supplies, training camp employees, overseeing food service, and healthcare. Camp Wyandot is committed to the safety and well- being of our campers and staff and will continue to monitor updates from the Ohio Governor and the Hocking County Health Department for any restrictions or change in terms regarding COVID-19.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: This part-time seasonal position will offer you remote work February through May and full-time on-site work from June to mid-August. The Camp Director will be provided a cabin to live in on-site during June to mid-August and would entail being on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the resident camp season.
Essential Functions: *Assures all aspects of camp are following federal, state, and local laws and certification requirements and in compliance with American Camp Association Standards (ACA) and Camp Wyandot, Inc. policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine camp requirements.
- Developing a camp curriculum with level-appropriate leisure and recreational activities.
- Design, deliver, and evaluate daily camp activities
- Overseeing camp employees, accommodations, and meals, as well as ensuring the wellbeing of campers.
- Managing the allocated budget, as well as ordering camp equipment and supplies.
- Modifying activities for campers with special needs.
- Ensuring safe practices and a healthy camp environment.
- Keeping records and documenting processes.
- Maintaining good public relations and attends promotional events.
- Working with the Executive Director to market the camp program
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, child development, social work or other appropriate field; Associate degree in appropriate field with at least three years of experience working in a resident camp.
- At least 25 years of age and 3 years’ experience in program administration and personnel supervision.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of computer software, data base operations and internet skills.
- Able to work irregular hours with adults and children of various ages and abilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be insurable and clear a background check.
- Desirable to have a ServSafe certification and CPR/AED First Aid certification.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES: The attached is a list of key competencies as outlined by the American Camp association https://www.acacamps.org/staff-professionals/events-professional-development/core-competencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The job entails working outdoors in woods and rugged terrain. Must be able to navigate in multiple of weather conditions, able to lift and carry items up to 40 pounds, climb flights of stairs, bend, stoop, and walk for long distance. Must have ability to tolerate sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats etc.
The Overnight Camp Director is an exempt, salaried, seasonal position responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of the summer overnight camp. The seasonal salary range is between $6000 to $8000 depending on experience and availability. The Overnight Camp Director reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with other year-round staff.
EEO: Camp Wyandot, Inc.provides equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination and harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Visit www.campwyandot.org for information about Camp Wyandot.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON 2021 CAMP OPERATIONS DUE TO COVID-19. IF THERE IS A LOCAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL ORDER THAT RESULTS IN CAMPS BEING PREVENTED FROM OPERATING COMPLETELY OR IN PART, THIS POSITION MAY NOT BE FILLED OR MAY BE REVISED ACCORDINGLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATIONS AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE ANY INQUIRIES TO CAMP WYANDOT WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place