2011 Packing list
The following packing list is a suggested list of items to pack for a week-long session. We recommend older clothes, as new things are likely to get quite dirty and stained.
- Please remember to label all clothing with your camper’s full name!
- Since our campers will be walking more than they do at home, socks and sturdy shoes are required and will help make for a more enjoyable camping experience.
- The weather is typically humid, but may be quite chilly at night.
- A carry-all for toiletries is most helpful since the bath houses are a short walk from the cabin!
- Some parents of younger campers have found it helpful to place daily outfits (including underwear and socks) together in separate ziplock bags. That way, your child can simply pull out a bag and have an outfit.
- There are a variety of items that are not permitted at camp. We strongly recommend you click on “download forms” and read the Parent Handbook before packing your child’s bags.
DO NOT PACK ANYTHING THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLY UPSETTING TO LOSE OR HAVE DESTROYED – NO VALUABLES
- Completed Medical Forms & Parental Consent Form (Visit this page and scroll down to print the forms)
- Sleeping bag, pillow, and twin size fitted sheet (may bring extra sheet and blanket if desired)
- Underwear (at least one pair per day with extras)
- T-shirts (at least 1 per day, plus some extras)
- Shorts (at least 1 per day, plus some extras)
- Jeans or slacks (several pairs)
- Warm jacket or sweatshirts
- Shoes: at least two sturdy pairs of close-toed shoes (Sandals, flip flops or aqua shoes are only allowed to be worn on pool deck & in the shower house)
- Socks (at least one pair per day as socks must be worn every day, plus some extras)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Rain coat or poncho
- Towels and Wash cloths (at least one bath towel and one beach towel)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, comb, brush, etc.)
- Laundry bag
- Pen and Pencil
- Stationary, envelopes, and stamps
- Insect/tick lotion (no aerosols!)
- Water bottle
Camp Fire USA is not responsible for any items lost while your child is at camp.
Please check the Lost & Found before leaving camp. All unclaimed items will be held at the Camp Fire office until August 17. Anything left after this date will be donated.